December is coming to an end and it has been quite a year for makeup, skin care, hair and nails. I’ve tried a ton of different products and learned a lot of how-tos. But there is one more thing to mention before we welcome 2014. What will you wear on your lips for the big New Year’s Celebration? Here are my favorite five red lipsticks that no girl should go without, especially on New Year’s Eve. They’re sure to turn heads and make you feel special.
Quick tip: when applying red lipstick please use a lip brush so you can built the color slowly. To make it last all night- blot lips with a tissue between each layer of application. And lastly, your lips must be the center of attention so keep your eye makeup to a minimum.
1. L’Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in British Red ($9.99) can be purchased at your local drugstore. It’s a moisturizing, creamy formula with a satin finish. It has a coral undertone and looks good on most skin tones. A beautiful shade of red. L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour, British Red
2. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherries in the Snow ($7.99) can also be found at your local drugstore. This pinkish-red lipstick has been around since 1953 and still ranks in the beauty world as a top favorite. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Creme, Cherries in the Snow
3. MAC in Russian Red ($15) is a permanent classic and has its own cult following. This color commands attention and lets everyone know you are in charge. Here
4. MAC in Ruby Woo ($15) is a true red matte formula, pictured above. I love wearing this color on special occasions. Although it works better on anyone with golden skin tones, it manages to make a statement without overpowering any complexion. Here
5. Lancome L’Absolu Rouge in Absolute Rouge ($30) is another cult classic. This ultra moisturizing formula goes on creamy and can be worn all day without a need for touch ups. Great red for all occasions! Here
Please share your favorite red lipstick in the comments below.
Happy New Year Everyone! Stay Beautiful!