Many of us obsess about health of our skin, but how many pay the same attention to the health of our hair? We color, brush, style and blast it with heat and chemicals. Our hair takes on a significant amount of abuse all in the name of vanity. So here are top 5 rules to keep your tresses in tip top shape.
- 1. When using (blow dryer, flat or curling iron) keep it on the medium setting to prevent damage and drying of the hair shaft. Hair in the weakened condition is more susceptible to damage leading it to lose elasticity and eventually break.
- Install a water filter to your shower nozzle. Minerals in water can cause brassiness in blonds and redheads. Using water purification makes a beautiful difference in your hair and your skin. Your hair will feel better and thank you for it.
- All kinds of stressors can trigger hair loss. Take multi supplements rich in proteins (marine complex), biotin, silica, minerals and vitamin C to help your mane grow thicker and shinier.
- Piling hair on to the top of your head with a soft hair tie will add major volume in the morning. Be sure to use something soft to pull hair up to avoid crimping and kinking.
- Wear hats or UV protection on your hair in the sun to prevent from color fading. Sun can also be damaging to hair so protect it when hanging out in the sun all day.
If you have other amazing ideas please share in the comments section below.