1. DARK CHOCOLATE – it’s full of antioxidants and flavonols that not only improve your skin texture but also offer resistance to UV rays. So this gives you another good reason to indulge yourself.
2. SWEET POTATOES – this baby is loaded with vitamin A and Vitamin C, which is crucial for collagen production. Sweet mashed potatoes anyone?
3. WALNUTS – they are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which reduces the anti-inflammatory response. So in the sense, they actually elevate your sunburn threshold. Give yourself a daily dose of a handful.
4. TOMATOES – these beauties get their red hue from lycopene, the carotenoid, helps to neutralize free radicals that age you before your time.
5. GREEN TEA – releases catechins, antioxidants with anti-inflammatory properties. Many studies have found that six cups a day may help prevent skin cancer and reverse the sun’s aging effects. Drink up while it is hot since that’s when antioxidants are most potent.